Monday, January 20, 2014





I cut all of the hull panels and almost all  of my frames with a skill saw, (only using my jigsaw to connect the dots on inside corners or the tight radiuses needed for cutouts).  A skill saw will cut most of the radiuses faster and more precise then a jig saw and will save you a ton of time. (buy a sacrificial piece of 3/4" plywood to stack on your saw horses, set the blade depth to 5/16" and cut away) also: look a little ahead of the blade, and you will follow the radius easily.

The next time saver was to do away with the messy paint to mark the tyveks, I got tired of waiting for paint to dry, so I stretched my tyveks across the 1/4" plywood, held in place with frog tape, and used a dark highlighter, to mark the outline of the tyveks, it created a nice sharply defined edge to cut to, with out the mess and wait time of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment